[eDebate] i knew this was gonna happen... consarnit

stephen davis proudsavage
Mon Sep 15 16:32:25 CDT 2008

look, of course what whitman is doing is a perfectly fine innovation and
prolly will save money time trees and effort...
i was, as per my ususal, bratty, self important, sardonic, nature... making
a joke...

are jokes still ok, i feel like its the week after 9-11 and saturday night
live is afraid to  even try to be funny...  and as it turns out thier
attempts failed and everyone sent them backchannels to call them an
asshat... group and concede, im an asshat...

Aaron, Jim, Whitman, Heidegger, Josh, etc...

I really wasnt trying to offend you or attack you or belittle the important
work that you do... REALLY when the post closes with "repectfully" it is
meant whole heartedly....

the rest is just being silly in the hopes that occasionally being silly
about something that seems relatively uncontroversial might still be
acceptable.  i know that we, as a community, have had a really really rough
summer. i just wanted to lighten the mood a little(or see if it could be
lightened)  with a post that i thought couldn't be construed as grossly
offensive  by nature of its subject matter.

those who backchanneled me are, of course, absolutely correct... im a bratty
idiot... please dont mind me...
and those who are engaged in this conversation should not think that i
harbor animosity toward them or the steps they are taking to make debate
better...

sincerely,

smfd