[eDebate] College Preview Program

Pacedebate at aol.com Pacedebate
Sat Sep 20 10:50:34 CDT 2008

To the College Debate Community:

You are cordially invited to attend the 2008 College Debate Preview at  the
Heart of  Texas Invitational. The preview offers representatives from  college
debate programs the opportunity to talk with high school seniors about
debating in  college. The preview will be held during the Heart of Texas
Invitational Debate and Speech Tournament in Dallas, Texas during the weekend of
October 16-19, 2008.  Last year over 100 high schools from more than 30  states
attended the tournament.  College representatives from programs all  over the
United States were also in attendance. It would be our honor to host
representatives from your school this year.

Colleges attending the  preview are offered two full pages of advertising (no
charge) in the tournament  program. The ad pages should be sent to me (camera
ready) so that they arrive no  later than October 9th. Traditionally, ad
pages have included a one  page letter from the director, and one page of
"college propaganda" about  the school. You may format your two pages in any way that
you think would be  helpful to your recruiting efforts--as long as it is
camera ready, and I get it  by the 9th. There isn't a formal schedule for the
College Preview  Program. We do open a room between rounds five and six on
Saturday morning to  create a place for students to meet with representatives however
you are free to  watch rounds, talk with students, visit with friends, feed
yourself in the  coaches lounge, and visit our campus and our city. If you are
willing to judge a  round or two it would be sincerely appreciated however you
shouldn't feel any  pressure to do so. If you or your representative would
like to judge for money  (to help pay for the trip) then please contact me, Tim
Mahoney  (pacedebate at aol.com) and I will be happy to help with those
arrangements.

If you would like to stay at the tournament hotel please make reservations
as soon as possible. Our block fills up quickly and the deadline for
reservations is Sept. 24.

We will again use the  Westin Park Central as our tournament hotel. The hotel
is located at 12720 Merit  Drive in Dallas. You may call the reservations
department at 1-888-627-7032 and  request the St. Mark's School of Texas program
to receive the tournament rate of  $97 per night.

If you have any questions please don't  hesitate to contact me.

Tim  Mahoney
Director of Debate, St. Mark's School of Texas
10600 Preston  Road
Dallas, TX 75230
214-346-8141
214-734-3673 cell