[eDebate] Lost Backpack, Laptop, and More

Michael Souders micksouders
Wed Sep 24 20:13:21 CDT 2008

Hello,

On Saturday afternoon at approximately 2:40pm, I walked away from my bright
orange backpack in front the GCB.  When I realized I had left it, I returned
just before 3:30pm.  It was gone.  The backpack contained my Toshiba
Satellite laptop, a Western Digital 160 GB external hard drive, several
books, including two first editions from late 19th century, and, oh yeah,
all of my academic work for the past four years.  Anyone who knows any
information or picked it up thinking it was lost will earn my eternal
gratitude and even more if I actually get even just my external hard drive
back.

And, while I hate to say the following, I can't rule out the possibility
that someone in the community has it illicitly.   If you have it, I will ask
exactly zero questions about why or how.  If you have it and only give my
hard drive back, I will let you have my laptop and the 19th century
preaching books you are unlikely to care about, zero questions asked.
Seriously.  Hell, even mail it to me anonymously if you wish--go set up a
fake gmail or hotmail acccount.  I would even ransom my stuff back, but I
don't have much money.  And I would never mention the issue again.

Let me clear, there is ZERO evidence or even the vaguest suspicion anyone in
the community took my laptop.  But I thought I'd lay out my situation.

Mick