[eDebate] IMPORTANT UNLV tourney (RR and invitational) info

Jacob.Thompson at unlv.edu Jacob.Thompson
Thu Sep 25 14:21:20 CDT 2008

1) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE enter your team dietary info into debate results.
If you are vegan or vegetarian we want to be able to accommodate your
dietary needs/choices, but we can not do so if we do not know about them.
We are finalizing food orders right now.  We must have your team info
(body count and dietary needs) by Friday morning (9/26) at 10 a.m. PST.

2) there is free wireless at the tournament hotel and on campus.  We will
distribute campus wireless logon info at registration.

3) We will continue our tradition of incredible vegas-style hospitality
again this year.  Look for free massage, tons of delicious snacks (perhaps
a chocolate fountain), vegas style comps (free giveaways) and awesome
trophies

4) the top judge award is in play again this year.  Each individual
debater will be given a ballot to vote for their favorite judge (i.e.
someone who judges you at a tournament--not your own coach).  The award is
a really sweet poker chip set.  David Register from Vermont is the
defending top judge... Can anyone dethrone him???

5) Our awards are AWESOME!  The top four RR participants will receive
boxing championship belts, the elim participants in all 3 divisions of the
invitational tournament will receive poker chip sets.

6) Tournament prefs will be turned on either later today (Thursday 9/25)
or tomorrow.  There will be prefs in all 3 divisions.

7) if you have a novice team and can bring them along, please do so.  We
will do everything that we can to keep the novice and JV divisions
separate.  UNLV hopes to field 1 novice team at the tournament, but we're
still working on it.

8) We're trying to get a few additional rooms added to the block at the
Hyatt, if you need additional rooms, please let me know ASAP.

VIVA LAS VEGAS!

Jake

Jacob Thompson, Ph.D.
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Assistant Professor In Residence
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas