[eDebate] peopleless debate

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Sep 15 12:28:57 CDT 2008

Hola Compadre,

(The department of self-importance wanted it known that when Captain Stephen
Davis said "stuff nobody cared about" he actually meant "stuff nobody who
thinks a phallus and a poem constitutes a researched topic cares about")

Stephen, you might have heard - other people who debate other styles are
having to deal with bag charges from the near collapse of the airline
industry (mostly caused by the run of high oil/gas prices in the last few
years).  You might know somthing about the economics of that if you had
actually researched the energy topic a few years back.  I am sure in your no
laptops, no news, to television world this seems like ushering in an era of
"robot debate."  Once you turn on the lights in your homestead in Baltimore
and use the outhouse and your motorcar a few times you will see that there
are good things about technology.

In this particular instance - debaters (actual human beings)....work like 40
hours a week writing what are called BLOCKS....now, either an electronic tub
called a laptop or a rubbermaid tub can carry those BLOCKS to the tournament
(I am sure you will be walking cross-country to those or maybe taking that
newfangled "Iron Horse")......the third "electronic tub" helps share those
BLOCKS with the other team.  The really nifty thing about these new
electronic tubs is you can do your research, write the blocks, and store the
blocks all in a small space....Its pretty crazy.

I am sure you have spurned all technology and live exclusively by the
unibomber manifesto, so your fears of "laptops" actually being robots makes
some sense.

Of course if you are right maybe we will all have cute little cyborg
debaters soon....awwwwwww

Josh