[eDebate] A need to revisit the Novice eligibility rule

pacedebate at aol.com pacedebate
Thu Sep 25 22:24:06 CDT 2008

 Why not just give up the CEDA points and let this person debate in novice?
Justin referred to it as an "oversight" but way back when I spent time discussing these issues and worked on such a rule the wording was intentional for exactly this reason. If a director thinks their students are better served by remaining in novice they should have the option of doing so. The price they pay which should reduce abuse is letting directors put the interest of their students above a few ceda points.

Tim Mahoney
Director of Debate, St. Mark's School of Texas
10600 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75230
214-346-8141
214-734-3673 cell