[eDebate] Exciting News -- 2010 Lakeland District Debate Tournament

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Thu Apr 2 10:49:23 CDT 2009

I just came from a meeting with the Superintendent, and thanks to the
generous financial support of the district and some fundraising, I am
excited to announce that THE 2010 LAKELAND DISTRICT DEBATE TOURNAMENT WILL
BE ABSOLUTELY FREE!

The district, at its own expense, will also be providing three free all you
can eat meals to participants, including students and coaches, on the
weekend - Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner.

Given that we pushed the building use to the absolute limit this year, and
anticipate growth in the tournament thanks to the elimination of all fees,
we will also be expanding to use the Middle School next year for L-D, PF and
the regional qualifier we simultaenously host (the middle school is on the
same road as the high school -- about 1/2 mile down the street).

Anyhow, I really hope you can make it.  The district is very excited about
this event.

We take pride in a well-run tournament, and we are currently a semifinals
qualifier to the TOC in policy.   As previously announced, next year we will
also be providing plaques to all participants that are currently TOC
qualified and that will be engraved with their names and "TOC Qualifier
2010."

The dates for the Tournament are February 26-8, 2010 (remaining policy elims
-- likely quarters on -- through finals -- on Sunday).

--
Stefan Bauschard

President & Co-Founder, PlanetDebate.com
Debate Coach, Harvard Debate
Director of Debate, Lakeland Schools
Founder & Editor, Politicsarguments.com

(c) 781-775-0433