[eDebate] 2009-10 Topic Process Update

Gordon Stables stables
Fri Apr 3 02:45:12 CDT 2009

Greetings all.

Consistent with the constitutionally modified process of a few years
ago, the CEDA Topic Selection Committee is accepting controversy
papers for the next two weeks (through Saturday April 18th). This is
an extension of the older process that required all papers be
submitted before CEDA and the NDT. This adjustment has helped us gain
additional papers from the community and we hope to again have some
great community input.

As part of the new ceda website, the topic process is now hosted at
http://topic.cedadebate.org/  You will find guidelines to help author
a controversy paper as well as all of the key deadlines and
explanations of the process. The updated list of the committee and our
email addresses are also available at that site. We have also added
archives of papers submitted on previous topics. We hope this can make
it easier for individuals to update and revise earlier work.  A full
explanation of all dates and the entire process, for example, can be
found at  http://topic.cedadebate.org/?q=Topic+Process

The guidelines outline all of the constitutional mandates on topic
selection. We are soliciting papers of all 'types' (i.e., domestic,
international, legal, etc.). Members of the committee have volunteered
to work on a number of controversies, but we can always use help from
the community. Last year's topic, for example, was authored by
volunteers from the community. We hope to get such strong
contributions again this year.

Gordon
Chair - CEDA Topic Selection Committee

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.