[eDebate] repost: Final round video-need ec feedback

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Sun Apr 5 07:57:33 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andy Ellis <andy.edebate at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 11:28 AM
Subject: Final round video
To: "CEDA-L at ndtceda.com" <CEDA-L at ndtceda.com>

hello ceda....this may be a question specifically for the ec, but it has
some aspects that i think are relevant to everybody.

We went to ceda with two cameras and had every intention of following the
video taping policy, I at least learned an important lesson last year. As we
where setting up our cameras to tape the final round(for our own private
educational use, large portions of the towson team where not there and hey
who doesnt wnt a video of a team they work with in the final round of
nationals)ceda ec members approached us and asked if we could shooot the
offical tape because the arrnagements as i remember for them to tape it had
fallen through. This went to the extent of agreeing that if we could stream
it we should as gordon announced before the round started....paraphrasing
now i said "uh you sure you wnt adam and i to tape and post a video from
ceda, that seems to be exactly what the policy prempts(i was less funny then
but still made the point)...yes...was the answer i got...so i toook the
tapes and have been working on converting them as an act of community
service....that brings us to now...at least two people have asked that they
not be included in any video, and have reminded me about the policy that the
round opperated under....im sorta stuck ive been willing to do the work that
i have done so far in converting and editing the video but i dont want to
post it if people are opting out...even with ec sanction...nor do i want to
be responsible in that scenario for developing the "private educational
purposes" system that will allow the people we want to see it to see it but
not everybody else...? how to go fwd? thanks