[eDebate] Women's Debate Institute- NDCA Dinner

Sarah Jane Green sjsnider
Mon Apr 6 15:21:08 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Rae Lynn Schwartz-DuPre <RaeLynn.Schwartz-DuPre at wwu.edu>
Date: Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 2:08 PM
Subject: post to NDT/CEDA list please
To: Sarah Jane Green <sjsnider at ksu.edu>

It is not too late to support your future debaters; the women of high
school debate.

As you might know the Women?s Debate Institute is hosting our second
annual Celebrating Our Community dinner to be held on April 18, 2009
at the National Debate Coaches Association high school championship in
Las Vegas, NV.? Aimi Hamraie, 2007 NDT winner, will deliver a keynote
address.? I hope your debate team will help sponsor this event with
us.

The NDCA championship is a national invitational ? you can reach out
to talented and motivated female high school debaters in a unique and
inspirational setting. In return for your donation, we will decorate
place settings and tables with University banners, distribute
recruitment literature, and feature write-ups of each debate team in
the dinner program.? Furthermore, you will publicly be thanked on our
website and at the dinner.

Last year, our inaugural event was a tremendous success.? Over 80
female high school debaters, coaches, and judges gathered for an
evening of dining, relaxing, networking, and celebrating.? Last year
our university sponsors included Appalachian State, Fullerton,
Gonzaga, James Madison, Trinity, UMKC, Vanderbilt, Weber State, and
Whitman and this year we have already added West Georgia, Samford, and
others to the list.

The WDI and you, as a college debate coach, have a lot in common. The
goal of the WDI is to increase the number of women who debate in high
school and who go on to debate in college.? Our staff and supporters
includes past and current college debaters and coaches:? Leah
Castella, Greta Stahl, Tara Tate, Linda Collier, Christine Malumphy,
Sarah Glaser, and myself, to name a few.

The event is coming up soon so do not miss this great recruiting
opportunity. To sponsor the event or get more details, feel free to
email me and/or visit

http://www.womensdebateinstitute.org/dinner.html

Thank you again for your support,

Rae Lynn