[eDebate] dylan Agents/States/False Dichotomy - "K" and "policy"

malcolm gordon malgorthewarrior
Mon Apr 13 16:14:46 CDT 2009

Your post seems to be summed up as "things are getting better."

Almost half the world - over three billion people - live on less than $2.50
a day.
At least 80% of humanity lives on less than $10 a day.
More than 80 percent of the world's population lives in countries where
income differentials are widening.
<http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src2> Source
 2
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src2>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src2> The
poorest 40 percent of the world's population accounts for 5 percent of
global income. The richest 20 percent accounts for three-quarters of world
income.Source 3
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src2>
According to UNICEF, 25,000 children die each day due to poverty.
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src3> Less
than one per cent of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed
to put every child into school by the year 2000 and yet it didn't happen.
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src3>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src3> Here
is the site so you can waste time scrutinizing sources:
http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats#src3>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats> For shits
and giggles for now I'll just spot you that statistical studies are a good,
valid guide for understanding our world.  But there is clearly data to
suggest that things are getting worse economically. I won't bother posting
any evidence about war because frankly I think that deaths due to poverty
are also an act of war, albeit a silent war.  Of course it's very hard to
call these deaths an act of war because the beauty of an economy centered on
markets and equilibrium models is very good at diffusing the question of
agency-who caused these deaths? Sorry, ranting.  The point: these deaths can
be legitimately considered acts of violence against the world's population.
I know this because there are enough resources on this planet to feed,
clothe, house, and educate every person on earth.
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats> Anyway
things really aren't so hot for billions of people right now, easy as it is
to hop onto google and find out statistics to the contrary (it wouldn't be
so easy if not for all those poor people).  Yes you can find data that says
things are getting better.  But if there is data to support "hey things are
doing great let's stay the course" and data to support "hey the f****ing
ship is sinking for billions of people", why wouldn't you be on the safe
side of things and think maybe some new perspective is in order?
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats> I wanted
to answer all your other reasons you don't understand and hate Ks cause
frankly, they were quite lame, but I have to go now.  I'll have to post
other things at a later time.
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats>
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats> Ure freynd
 <http://www.globalissues.org/article/26/poverty-facts-and-stats>