[eDebate] Dear Ross smith

brian schrader brian95882
Mon Apr 13 20:02:21 CDT 2009

That article says that the unwillingness to consider inaction as a pkaysable political concern is bad and that empirically has resulted in failed policy.  The example zizek uses is governemnt intrusion in the financial markets including subsidies. I really think it's an addiction to action bad argument.  You may be right that policy debate does not result in the passage of policy but it is equally true that this article makes no argument about debate outside of capital hill being good.  I don't think it's a fwk card.
No offense meant here or earlier