[eDebate] malgor is always hungry

malcolm gordon malgorthewarrior
Wed Apr 15 13:23:25 CDT 2009

Josh-

I disagree that indigenous people can't use their own cultural techniques to
feed themselves.  In fact, it's one of the dumbest things I've heard in a
while (granted you haven't been posting as much lately OH SNAP).  But I
think you were saying that indigenous techniques alone couldn't feed
everyone in the world to a level you feel is adequate. This may be true.  Of
course, in a world of capitalist markets and industrial ag (which has
definitely been very good for both our bellies, being portly fellows) we
have a few things:

*  Every year 15 million children die of hunger
*  For the price of one missile, a school full of hungry children could eat
lunch every day for 5 years
*  Throughout the 1990's more than 100 million children will die from
illness and starvation. Those 100 million deaths could be prevented for the
price of ten Stealth bombers, or what the world spends on its military in
two days!
*  The World Health Organization estimates that one-third of the world is
well-fed, one-third is under-fed one-third is starving- Since you've entered
this site at least 200 people have died of starvation. Over 4 million will
die this year.

 I will say it's obvious you are frustrated with Ks.  You especially seemed
offended by the audacity of people to think that maybe the world we've
created is somewhat destructive.  Just remember it's easy to think that you
have all the solutions when you are always less than 5 miles from the
nearest McDonald's.  At the end of the night, when an underpaid employee
(likely a young woman or minority) lugs 10 bags of trash out to the dumpster
(cause it's more economical to throw something away than give it away)
behind the McDonald's..how many people could that feed?

malgor