[eDebate] ceda topic/business comittee meeting question

Gordon Stables stables
Tue Apr 21 23:38:57 CDT 2009

At the November (NCA) meeting the CEDA EC approved having the summer
business meetings, the topic selection meetings and the debate
developmental conference in Winston-Salem NC and hosted by Wake
Forest. Al Louden is working with the Sundance hotel (the same
property that Wake uses for the Shirley tournament) and will have
block information available shortly.

In coordination with that hotel information (which will be posted at
cedadebate.org) we will post a more detailed schedule shortly. For
planning purposes, here is a basic outline of the week's events. Each
day will have at least a morning (starting at approx 930 am) and
afternoon (resuming at approx 130) session with occasional evening (7
pm) sessions.

Tues, June 2 - CEDA Executive Council & Business Meeting
Wed, June 3-  AM- CEDA Business  PM - Topic Selection
Thurs, June 4 - All day - Topic Selection Meetings
Fri, June 5 - All day - Topic Selection meetings. Evening - opening
session for developmental conference
Sat and Sun - June 6&7 - Developmental conference

Folks are invited to attend as much of the week as they would like.
There is a lot happening that week and we are eager for a great deal
of community input.

Finally, a word about the controversy papers. We have extended the
submission deadline to work with a number of authors to who needed a
few extra days. I will be updating the community on Wednesday with
links to all of the submitted papers. Thanks for your patience and
cooperation.

After we determine the full list of controversies for the community
ballot that will be added to a single ballot containing the amendments
recently approved at the CEDA business meeting.

Gordon

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate & Forensics
Annenberg School for Communication