[eDebate] 2009 ADI Information

Adam Symonds asymonds
Wed Apr 22 00:14:10 CDT 2009

We are pleased to announce the dates, staff, and information about the
Coaches Seminar for the 32ndannual Arizona Debate Institute.

ADI be held July 27- August 9, 2009 in beautiful Tempe, AZ.  Once again, we
are fortunate to house the ADI in the Twin Palms Hotel.  The Twin Palms has
a swimming pool, access to workout facilities, complementary shuttle,
wireless internet, and all of the benefits that come with staying in a
hotel.

We are thrilled to welcome back the following group of outstanding debate
educators:

*Glen Frappier*.  Director of Forensics at Gonzaga who has coached numerous
first-round teams.  Former CEDA Nationals champion.

*Dave Hingstman*.*  *Director of Forensics at the University of Iowa who has
coached an NDT champion and several first-round teams.

*Sarah Holbrook*.  Coach at the State University of West Georgia.  Two-time
CEDA Nationals champion.

*Toni Nielson.  *Assistant Director at California State University
Fullerton.  Resident expert and innovator of performance arguments.

*Theresa Perry.   *Coach at Sacramento State University.  Expertise working
with novice and junior varsity students.  Developer of ADI Coaches?
Curriculum.

*Sue Peterson*.  Director of Forensics at Chico State University.  Former
Director at Pepperdine and coach at CSU, Fullerton.  Former co-Director of
the SCUDL.

*Gordon Stables*.  Director of Forensics at the University of Southern
California.  Coached numerous first-round teams at the NDT at both USC and
the University of Georgia.

*Adam Symonds*.  Director of Forensics  at Arizona State University.  Coach
teams to the semifinals of CEDA Nationals and the quarterfinals of the NDT
in previous coaching positions at CSU Fullerton and USC.  Former CEDA
Nationals champion.

We are once again holding a Coaches Seminar during the ADI this year. From
August 5th through the 9th, coaches are invited to attend the ADI to
participate in our innovative coaching curriculum and gain experience
judging. We are pleased to have Theresa Perry (CSU Sacramento) leading this
seminar, which is designed for new coaches and graduate assistants with
limited debate background to get a leg up on the process of coaching and the
2009 CEDA-NDT Topic. Cost for the Coaches Seminar is $450 for double
occupancy or $600 for single occupancy.

For more information about the ADI, please visit our website:
http://www.public.asu.edu/~asymonds/ and/or email us at azdebate at q.com.
Phoenix is one of the most affordable cities to fly into and the airport is
only 10 minutes from the hotel.  We hope to see you in Tempe in July!

--
Adam Symonds
Director of Forensics