[eDebate] Registration code

Jarman, Jeffrey jeffrey.jarman
Fri Apr 24 10:26:24 CDT 2009

Nicole and others:  I'm sorry if the info on the code has not reached you.  I've sent several emails to provide the code to all member schools along with instructions to pass it out widely.  Our goal is spam prevention, not limiting access.  In fact, if you google "ceda registration code," the very first link contains the code (CedaweB -- caps sensitive).

We recently installed captcha on the site, and I will work this morning to enable posting for those not registered.

The site contains many benefits for those looking for a place to discuss a wide variety of issues, including the creation of group specific pages.  I've included the original email I sent in the fall below to remind people of what is possible.

If you have other questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeffrey Jarman [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 7:04 AM
To: Undisclosed recipients:
Subject: CEDA Forums, Registration Code and More
Hello Everyone:
As many of you are now aware, CEDA has a new web site and we want to
encourage you, your students and any interested alums to register and
participate in debate-related discussions relevant to our community.
Good news:  almost all of you already are registered at the new site.
We used the site for online payment for CEDA Nationals and for
balloting on this year's topic.  The goal of signing coaches up first
was to simplify the process of assigning coaches a user status that
would enable them to vote, while everyone else could sign up and
participate in the conversation.  Now, we are ready to allow everyone
else to register.
PLEASE FEEL FREE to pass along the registration code to any of your
debaters or alums who are interested in participating on the site.
The registration code is:  CedaweB  (caps sensitive).

Registration on the main CEDA site has many benefits:
*  you are automatically registered for the topic committee site
(topic.cedadebate.org), a site where anyone can create user groups
(groups.cedadebate.org), and several other subdomains.
*  you can post forum topics and reply to posts on the site
*  you can pay CEDA dues and fees for CEDA Nationals
*  you can post all kinds of tournament info and updates to insure
everyone can access the info they need
*  the site is the location of all important CEDA-related information
In addition,
*  the site has RSS feeds, so it is easy to follow the discussion, get
quick updates, etc.
*  the site enables newsletter signup to receive important information
*  the site social bookmarking for important pages
*  the site is built on open source code, which means we can add all
kinds of features in the future to serve our needs.
If you have questions, please let me know.

Jeff