[eDebate] NDCA congratulations and lost and found

Jacob.Thompson at unlv.edu Jacob.Thompson
Fri Apr 24 18:01:43 CDT 2009

To everyone who participated in the NDCA National championship tournament
held at UNLV this past weekend, I want to say congratulations!  We had a
great time hosting the tournament and hope that you enjoyed the
hospitality, excellent competition, quality judging, beautiful Las Vegas
weather, and the entertainment options offered in our unique city.

Congratulations to all teams qualifying for the elimination rounds, and
I'd especially like to Congratulate Damien and Bishop Guertin for
advancing to the final round--both teams had an incredible tournament!

Finally I'd like to congratulate and thank the NDCA Committee and the
tabroom staff; thanks for selecting Las Vegas as your tournament
destination, and congratulations on a job well done!  Thanks to them the
tournament ran smoothly, and competitors had a great tournament
experience.

Some random odds and ends were left behind at the tournament, and if
anyone wants to claim them--please do so
--silver female bracelet left in the room in which finals took place
--a toshiba laptop cord
--an HP laptop cord
--an I-pod cable
--and a few other random items

Thanks again for coming to Las Vegas for the NDCA National Championship.

Jake

Jacob Thompson, Ph.D.
Director, Sanford I. Berman Debate Forum
Assistant Professor In Residence
Greenspun College of Urban Affairs
Department of Communication Studies
University of Nevada, Las Vegas