[eDebate] Visiting Instructor/Visiting Lecturer Positions at GSU

Dr. Joe Bellon debate.gsu
Mon Apr 27 16:14:35 CDT 2009

These are not debate related, but if anyone is looking for a teaching job
and likes the Atlanta area, check out the following announcement:

***************

 Hi,

 The Georgia State University Department of Communication has received
authorization to hire a number of visiting instructor and visiting lecturer
positions for the coming academic year, the call for which is attached.
 These are one year positions that attach to full benefits, a 4-4 teaching
load, are potentially renewable (presuming budget availability and
programmatic need) for up to but no more than three academic years, and also
attach to potential summer teaching (paid at 10% per course).

 Please forward this to any of our colleagues who might be interested in
these positions.  As you can see our turnaround, delayed by budget
uncertainty only recently clarified, is quick.  We hope to do interviewing
as early in May as we can.  The call:

 COMMUNICATION

Visiting Instructors/Visiting Lecturers in Communication.
Non-tenure-track positions to teach undergraduate courses in
journalism, public relations, desktop publication, speech, film, and
theatre.  Preference to those with appropriate teaching experience and
scholarly preparation. For visiting instructor positions:  ABD status
preferred but at minimum M.A. required by August 2009.  For visiting
lecturer positions:  Ph.D. required by August 2009.  Send application
letter, C.V., graduate transcripts, three recommendation letters, and
evidence of teaching effectiveness to Dr. Greg Lisby, VI Search
Committee Chair, Department of Communication, Georgia State
University, P. O. Box 4000, Atlanta, GA 30302-4000.  Review of
applications will begin April 30 and continue until the positions are
filled.

Thanks!

David

Dr. David Cheshier

Chair | Associate Professor
Department of Communication, College of Arts & Sciences
662 One Park Place, P.O. Box 4000

Director
COAS Center for Collaborative Scholarship in the Humanities

GEORGIA STATE UNIVERSITY
Atlanta, GA 30302-4000

o 404-413-5649 (Please note: this is a new number)
f 404-413-5634
e dcheshier at gsu.edu