[eDebate] Job Announcement - Cornell Assistant Director of Forensics

Mike Maffie maffiemd
Tue Apr 28 20:21:38 CDT 2009

Hey Everyone,

Cornell University is looking to hire an Assistant Director of
Forensics for the 2009-10 year. Cornell has one of the largest policy
debate squads in the country and emphasizes all levels of debate.
There are no teaching responsibilities with this job, but there is a
debate course that you can volunteer to help with. The modest salary
will also include university health benefits.

I will be moving on to grad school, but I'll offer my plug for the job
here: I held the position this year, and it was a ton of fun. I wasn't
sure how I would like it, but the whole coaching experience was
incredibly rewarding. For me, there's nothing better than working with
a bunch of novices. You'll also get your own office, which is nice. If
you are interested in coaching next year, it really is a great job.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions,

Mike Maffie

Mdm283 at cornell.edu

To apply, email your resume and references to Director Sam Nelson.

Samuel Nelson,

Cornell University

Assistant Professor, Director of Forensics

Phone: (607)-255-2771

Email: smn33 at cornell.edu

Mike Maffie
Assistant Director of Forensics