[eDebate] Black Debate History

omar guevara oguevara
Thu Apr 2 15:24:24 CDT 2009

Steve Clemmons and NCP, Weber State NDT 1995 (maybe 1996 - first year of the merger) 4-4, 14 ballots. FIRST team to really push race and ethnicity issues in college debate.  With Bear at the helm and the legendary Bill Shanahan as the field coach and ADOF, they made alot of teams cringe with Space Traders. DD could tell you more, but old Steve was quite a debater back in the day.

Actually you can't talk about the his-her story of Black participation in college debate (esp. out west), without talking about Steve...in the words of HST...he was the trouble we were always looing for :).

OG

Omar G Guevara II
Director of Forensics
Department of Communication