[eDebate] Re-thinking the States Counterplan

JP Lacy lacyjp
Fri Apr 3 02:51:20 CDT 2009

To me, the best argument against the states counterplan is:

There is no entity with the power to decide between state & federal
action. Likewise with international fiat.

Assuming that position is inane because the choice does not exist.

Why do we need to get further into educational or fairness concerns?

The choice posed by the counterplan is silly because no entity has the
power to choose between the plan and the counterplan.

That is the real damage done by the states counterplan: Voting negative
rejects the plan for a reason nobody should consider.

Its not just literature, or aff ground, or anything else, its real world
choice.

The fact that the states could do the plan better can't disprove that
the USFG should, because that comparison does not exist to any real
policy maker.

If you actually find an entity with the power to choose between fiating
the Federal Government and the States, please let me know!

Non-logical choices lead to bad debates. We shouldn't found debate on
nonsense.

My solution? Win more theory debates. Tides will change if affs are
right that 50 state fiat doesn't exist.

--JP