[eDebate] Re-thinking the States Counterplan

Pacedebate at aol.com Pacedebate
Sat Apr 4 19:55:34 CDT 2009

I wanted to start my responses to the various posts with two caveats:
1) I'm really speaking more about the high school community. I'm less
concerned with college debate practice given that I see it,  particularly national
circuit ndt competition, primarily as a game for  people who decide to do this
instead of playing XBox or whatever. Not to say  there isn't educational value
to debate in college but my perspective is  necessarily more focused on high
school debate. Given the high school  environment I think we should be
uniquely concerned with tying debate practices  to educational goals.
2) Even my high school perspective is an exclusive one focusing primarily  on
high school students who attend summer institutes and compete on the national
 circuit. So when I say "many high school students" those few folks willing
to  wade through all this will know that I'm speaking about a particular group
of  students and what practices I think will benefit them.

Now some line by line....

In a message dated 4/4/2009 1:38:21 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,