[eDebate] Is it time to get away from Policy debate?

JP Lacy lacyjp
Tue Apr 7 20:00:39 CDT 2009

Is the US government really irrelevant to current problems?

There are some recent blunders by the federal government that could have
been avoided by full discussion & debate. Namely, the war in Iraq &
deregulation of financial institutions.

More debate about those decisions would have made them better.

I'm not willing to give up focus on the USFG when it makes mistakes that
are very relevant to our daily lives.

I tend to think that our collective inability to really debate the Iraq
war in public was an important "cause" of the current problem.

Why run from the USFG given that failure?

--JP