[eDebate] What's in a name?

Abers catspathat
Wed Apr 8 16:54:50 CDT 2009

I somewhat agree with what your saying, I think the teams who read the CAFOs
aff turned out a wide variety of extremely good K affs. However, almost no
critical authors write articles or book chapters that focus on subsidies.
Other than a few exceptions, the majority of the solvency for the K cafos
affs actually advocated a number of other solutions that adressed the
problems in CAFOs much more directly. My problem with the topic was more how
the discussion was bracketed. A truely topical affirmative couldn't even end
all support to all factory farms, just those the government lables "cafos,"
there was also no topical way to discuss the implications of grazing
subsidies or the Animal Damage Control program that kills millions of
animals at the whim of farmers.

My point is maybe there should have been more than 1 area of the 10 area
topic that was designed to have K ground.
abe