[eDebate] keenan, "k" and "policy" anz josh

Josh jbhdb8
Mon Apr 13 14:21:16 CDT 2009

Just in case you missed it, this was the whole HYPOTHETICAL

"The affirmative reads say 6 specific solvency cards for the the USFG
removing ethanol subsidies (or whatever)

The negative says link: acting through gov, link: cap system, alternative:
overconformity

Now, while there is some literature about overcomformity - most people who
write either about Zizek or about the plan do not consider the
overconformity alternative as a legitimate alternative to the plan and Zizek
doesnt really write about the plan.....But because judges consider evidence
written by Zizek saying overconformity works not only legit - but proof that
its a better/more solvent strategy then the Aff approach game over."

The point was NOT that Zizek couldnt write specific cards about any
particular topic, in fact Zizek writes so prolifically I probably should
have chosen another author for the hypothetical.

Anyway, whatever, I do have a seperate point that nobody in the fields of
public policy keep up with every paragraph of what Zizek writes making it
very hard to answer his stream of consciousness book length rants.  I agree
these two points have tension between them - which is why I should not have
used Zizek as the example in the hypothetical.  Apologies,

Josh