[eDebate] malgor is always hungry

Josh jbhdb8
Wed Apr 15 14:07:02 CDT 2009

Let me try this a different way:

You seem to think I am trying to protect my own privledge by trying to
sustain capitalism in the face of hunger arguments.

You have it backwards.

I am saying for the sake of the poor we need high yield agriculture, a
better system of emergency grain, better protection against
market-speculators, and more investment in local agriculture by local
governments.

I am saying the absolute worst thing you could do, for the hungry, would be
to try to go back to some romantic mystical native system of production.

The evidence is overwhelmingly on my side and is comparative in terms of
high yield vs organic or whatever it is you support.  Nothing in history has
created more available food then the green revolution.

Even Murray Bookchin, of all people, said the only thing that could be worst
than mass production was a return to nativism in terms of reducing conflict
and poverty,

Josh