[eDebate] Scranton/Langan (HS) Invite

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Tue Aug 4 18:17:07 CDT 2009

Registration is now open for the 2009 James M. Langan Invitational hosted by
Scranton High School on November 6th & 7th, 2009.  We look forward to
providing both Varsity and Novice competition in Speech, Policy,
Lincoln-Douglas, Public Forum, and Congress Events.  This year?s tournament
will include free wireless internet, three full meals, great looking awards
for top finishers in each division, and a lot of ?True Scranton
Hospitality?.

Due to a new food service provider beginning in the district our entry fees
will be $15/student entry.  This includes registration, three meals (2
dinners and 1 lunch), a light breakfast on Saturday, and awards.

The tournament website is located at (
http://www.scrantondebate.com/2009langaninvitational/).  Here you will find
all the necessary tournament information along with a link to register on
Joy of Tournaments.  If you have any questions regarding the tournament
please email me at Langan.Invitational at gmail.com.

We also plan on hosting a Policy Round Robin on Wednesday November 4th and
Thursday November 5th, 2009.  This Round Robin will be extremely inexpensive
and is being planned to be held in one of the most well established law
firms in Northeastern Pennsylvania. We have also been able to secure the
same tournament hotel rate for the Round Robin at the Radisson - Lackawanna
Station Hotel. All interested teams/directors should contact me at
Langan.Invitational at gmail.com.  Invitations will be sent out in early
September.

Please join us in Scranton to kick off the fall season.  We look forward to
seeing you.

--
Brian Manuel
Tournament Director - James M. Langan Speech and Debate Invitational