[eDebate] Val Browning Cancelled for 2009-2010

omar guevara oguevara
Wed Aug 5 18:15:18 CDT 2009

Hello Folks,

Unfortunately, the Val Browning Round Robin has to be cancelled for the 2009-2010 competitive year.

As previous attendees are aware, the "Val" is supported by the generous endowment of the Browning Foundation.

But due to the financial tsunami that hit Wall Street, combined with the lingering recession, the available monies are simply too low to support this year's tournament.

We hope that by letting the account remain fallow for a year, we'll be every to offer an even better format and tournament experience for 2010-2011.

We apologize to those who made plans to attend - but it is better to inform everyone now about the decision before folks start buying plane tickets, etc.

My best to all,

OG

Omar G Guevara II
Director of Forensics
Department of Communication
College of Arts & Humanities
Weber State University
Ogden, Utah

801.626.6220 (Office)
801.668.6910 (Cell)

Oguevara at hotmail.com
Oguevara at weber.edu

PLEASE VISIT: WWW.WEBERDEBATE.COM

Get free photo software from Windows Live
http://www.windowslive.com/online/photos?ocid=PID23393::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:SI_PH_software:082009