[eDebate] Leland Monson Debate Institute and Tournament - Thank Yous

omar guevara oguevara
Sat Aug 8 13:17:02 CDT 2009

 Hello Community:

I would like to take a second from our busy August to thank the wonderful efforts of our colleagues who worked at the 2nd Annual Leland Monson Debate Institute and Tournament (August 3-8).

Mike Shackelford (Director of Forensics, Roland Hall-St. Mark?s):  Your work in our advanced policy lab rivals that which goes on much more expensive, and ?elite,? high school debate camps.

Joshua Bentley (Director of Forensics, Lone Peak High School):  The quiet revolution of excellence you have led in Happy Valley shows in the quality of work with our novice and junior varsity attendees.

Moses Baca (Director of Forensics, Juan Diego High School):  Utah?s own LD coach par-excellence.  Thank you Moses!

Carol Shackelford (Director of Forensics, Bingham High School):  Thank you directing our Tournament, Hosting the Camp, Leading the Director?s Lab, and a bunch of other really critical stuff.  No wonder Bingham High was 5A champs last year!

Also, our assistants rock as well:  Mason Gates (Juan Diego), Robert Grange (Juan Diego), Stacy Dawson (Weber State), and Ian Dalton (Weber State).

And of course, thanks to John Foy for an excellence performance as our Institute Director.  We?re only in our 2nd year of our commuter camp, but because of John?s efforts, we?ve seen an increase of quality and quantity of our institute attendees.

Because of the generosity of the Keystone Foundation, Utah students are able to attend the LMDIT for only $55.  That double nickel admission fee includes: 45 contact hours of learning with a great faculty, a 4 round tournament @ Weber State (with free transportation), meals every day, and a gift bag for every student J

Not a bad deal!

My best to all,

OG

Omar G Guevara II