[eDebate] Opencaselist

J T jtedebate
Thu Aug 27 10:56:31 CDT 2009

Even if it is not a "service"--thanks for your input and help JP!?

Echoing DeLo, the wiki has been enormously beneficial for most everyone I would assume.?

That being said, I would love to see people upload more CORRECT citations.? There are a few schools who's pages regularly contained incorrect/incomplete citations---and it took two months to retrieve the actual cite (which wasn't even close to the one posted) via email.? Something that would help here is more attention to keywords/text samples.? Most people enter the first few word of the card and the last few (which is important for context).? However, this could easily tell you nothing...unique phrases and words make things much easier...including one of these inside the 1st and last words should make everything pretty easy? to find.

Everyone gets busy and sometimes we all probably take down cites sloppily at times.? However, I would very much like to see more information (article title, date accessed, host/organization web site?)

Finally--put full cites on your cards!? With templates and the wonders of point and click, full cites take no time at all...the wiki can't be better until more people start using more complete citations.

Good Luck to everyone at the season openers!

W. James Taylor ("JT")

Clinical Instructor

Asst. Debate Coach

Emporia State University

***Nothing in this email should be taken to represent Emporia State Debate or Emporia State University.  The contents are the sole opinion of the author.