[eDebate] COME TO THE EAST - Ithaca College 30-31 January 2010

Alfred C Snider alfred.snider
Thu Dec 3 17:46:28 CST 2009

In the USA the East is growing in both size and quality, and we invite
everyone to come and be a part of it.

The Ithaca College tournament will be a great opportunity for that. It
will feature both WUDC and USA policy debating formats. I will be the
Chief Adjudicator and the Convener Scott Thompson [pthomson at ITHACA.EDU]
plans for great hospitality and very nice venues. The important thing to
many out of area folks is that the East will be there! Come and find out
about us and see that we are trying our best to debate up to a world
standard.

The invitation can be found at:
http://debate.uvm.edu/debateblog/usu/Invites/Entries/2009/12/3_Ithaca_College.html

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can assist you. We welcome
experienced judges from wherever! Let us know how we can assist you.

While there will be policy debate (jv and novice) do not let that deter
you if you are a WUDC type. Come and see how we live together in peace
and, somewhat, mutual respect. We echo LA police baton magnet Rodney
King (who recently graduated from a rehab center), when we wonder "Why
can't we all just get along?" Perhaps it cannot yet be true of nation
states, but it just might be possible among debate formats.

If you have policy teams of the JV and novice variety who cannot go to
the NYC Varsity Round Robin that weekend, send them to Ithaca! Do not be
deterred by the WUDC crowd, they may or may not have all the faults of
your policy colleagues. AND, they don't have to cut updates at night and
make interesting pals at the bar.

Space may become limited, so please register as soon as possible. Please
feel free to email me with your preliminary plans.

Best wishes, and see you in Ithaca!

Alfred Charles Snider AKA Tuna

--
Alfred C. Snider aka Tuna