[eDebate] ENTRIES ARE CLOSED AND NORTHWESTERN ANNOUNCEMENTS

Luke Hill lukephill
Tue Feb 3 19:11:43 CST 2009

Greetings to all, final preparations are underway and the Northwestern squad
is getting ready for your eminent arrival.  We have set the final field at
150 teams and are looking forward to a very large and very competitive
tournament.  We ask that you take a few steps in your preparation to make
your time in Evanston easier.

1)  Please label your evidence by school and team.  We are going to do our
best to provide evidence movement throughout the tournament, but clearly
labeled evidence will assist in our movement and your retrieval.2)
 Registration will be at the Hotel Orrington Globe Room from 6:30 to 8:30 on
Friday.  Pairings for rounds 1-4 will be released shorlty afterward.
3)  A change in tournament procedure from the invitation-- For round 7 the
tab room will flip the coin and assign sides, this is in contradiction to
our original invitation that indicated there would be individual round
flips.  The results of that flip will still count towards the side
equalization formula for elimination rounds.  Please let us know if you have
any questions regarding these proceedures.
4)  Weather update-  The weather predicted for this weekend is a "balmy" 45
degrees.  But a large chance of rain throughout the weekend.  Please pack
accordingly

As always if there is anything Dan or I can do to make your visit to
Evanston easier please let us know.

Best,
LH

Luke P. Hill