[eDebate] Harvard HST -- Final Results

Stefan Bauschard stefan.bauschard
Tue Feb 17 09:03:18 CST 2009

The final varsity elim bracket is available at
http://www.harvard-debate.org/view_pair.aspx

Bronx MB defeated Colleyville MN in the finals on a 2-1 decision.

Bronx won both the varsity policy and L-D divisions!  Jon Cruz reports that
it was their first Harvard L-D win ever and their first policy win since
1984!

Special thanks to everyone whose cooperation was essential to the smooth
functioning of the tournament.  We completed 14 back to back rounds in 28
hours on Friday and Saturday. We started at 7:45 am  and we had the last
ballot by 9:30 pm on both days.  We didn't lag any debates, teams always had
at least an hour to prepare, and we still finished 7 debates each day.

I believe that all of the PF & LD ballots are scanned and available under
the "pairings" tab.   Four rounds of policy are available.  I'll finish
scanning the policy ballots later today and make them available tonight or
tomorrow am.

--
Stefan Bauschard

President & Co-Founder, PlanetDebate.com
Debate Coach, Harvard Debate
Director of Debate, Lakeland Schools
Founder & Editor, Politicsarguments.com

(c) 781-775-0433