[eDebate] Fw: Shuttle Information for CEDA Nationals - SLC Airport to Pocatello

Sarah Partlow sarahtp73
Thu Feb 19 14:11:46 CST 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----

From: Sue Peterson <bk2nocal at gmail.com>
To: "edebate at ndtceda.com" <edebate at ndtceda.com>; ceda-l at ndtceda.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 4, 2009 11:23:53 PM
Subject: [eDebate] Shuttle Information for CEDA Nationals - SLC Airport to Pocatello

Hello everyone...

I hope that everyone's Spring semester is off to a good start.  As you complete your travel plans for CEDA Nationals at Idaho State this year, I wanted to encourage those of you flying into Salt Lake City to consider taking a shuttle from the airport to Pocatello and using the hotel to campus transportation that has been arranged for each day of competition rather than renting a car.  I think you will find this option both cheaper and a more convenient choice.  Below is the booking information for the CEDA-arranged shuttle transportation from SLC to Pocatello and the return trip to the airport.  In addition, CEDA will be providing shuttle services for free from the hotel to tournament and back again each day once you arrive in Pocatello.  This information is in the CEDA Nationals invitation under rental car information.

Airport shuttle arrangements can be made through Salt Lake Express at http://www.saltlakeexpress.com/

When you click on reservations, choose the Salt Lake City Airport departure and the Pocatello Idaho arrival and then back to Salt Lake City Airport on the dates you are scheduled to travel.  In the promo code box, enter CED09 to receive the discounted rate.  The next screen will provide you with all of the departure choices for both your airport to Pocatello travel.   The shuttles run regularly, every two hours between the hours of 8 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. from the airport and between 3:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. from Pocatello back to the airport.  So, no matter what your travel times are, you should be able to get a shuttle without having too much of a wait at the airport coming or going.  The discounted rate will be $30 per person going each direction - which is $12 cheaper than the usual rate - a $24 savings per person for the round trip.  They can accommodate small or large numbers with their vehicles, so there are no minimum or maximum group numbers to
 receive the discount.

I researched the cost of rental cars and found mini-vans to run between $350 and $400 for a mini-van (which would barely fit 6 people and tubs) plus the cost of gas (and some of these at this price had mileage restrictions), while the shuttle will only run you $360 for the six people.  The cost is fixed and guaranteed and you have no worries about getting the right vehicle when you arrive and having enough room for your people, tubs and luggage.  The shuttle drops off at a Shell Station that is right between the tournament hotel and the overflow hotel, meaning easy access to the pick-up and drop-off points.

I hope that many of you will consider using this option as it will give us some idea of what we can do for group discounts in the future and give us some bargaining power for future CEDA Nationals.  If you have any questions about the shuttle service, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Sue Peterson, Director of Speech and Debate at CSU Chico
sepeterson at csuchico.edu
530-898-4771

"Girl Effect, n. The powerful social and economic change brought about when girls have the opportunity to participate in their society."    http://www.girleffect.org/#/home/