[eDebate] D5 results

repkowil at msu.edu repkowil
Sun Feb 22 16:02:39 CST 2009

Hey,

Greetings from Normal, Illinois -- home of (our gracious hosts) Illinois State University.

D5 advanced five teams to the NDT. Here are the standings:

1. Michigan State BE? (Amit Bindra & Carlos Gustavo Eyzaguirre), 8-0 -- 22 ballots.
2. Northwestern MS (Robbie Mullholland & Stephanie Spies), 7-1 -- 22 ballots
3. Wayne PP (Alex Pasquinelli & Sydney Pasquinelli), 6-2 -- 15 ballots
4. Michigan LZ (Maria Liu & Edmund Zagorin), 5-3 -- 17 ballots
5. Miami VW (Aaron Vinson & Drew Wallenstein) 5-3 -- 16 ballots.

We'd like to extend special recognition to Northwestern FG (Greg Friend & Mary Gregg). They had the requisite number of victories to be an alternate (five wins, 15 ballots), but -- having received one first-round -- Northwestern is only allowed to qualify one team through the district process.

D5's 1st Alternate is Wayne GH (Baldomero Gonzalez & Geneva Hackler). They went 4-4 with 10 ballots.
D5's 2nd Alternate is Miami JM (Matt Molinaro & Mike Jensen). They went 3-5 with 11 ballots.

Special thanks to Ron Stevenson and Justin Stanley -- both of whom "made things go" all weekend.

Best.

Will