[eDebate] NCA Deadline Upcoming

Gordon Stables stables
Wed Feb 11 03:49:25 CST 2009

Over the last few hours I have heard from a number of folks who have
great NCA ideas, but who are looking for additional panelists. If you
are interested in completing work to coordinate with these themes,
please let me know. These are brief outlines. The participants can
coordinate further details.

Remember the deadline is midnight tonight pst (Wednesday).

Panel 1 - Debate pedagogy outside traditional competition settings

This panel is looking to share experiences and perspectives with
debate professionals who have worked to apply the skills of
argumentation and debate beyond traditional competition environments.

Panel 2 - Promoting Public Debate Events

This panel is interested in exchanging perspectives on the planning,
development and promotion of public debate events. Panelists can draw
upon a wide range of public debate experiences, including, but not
limited to, CIDD debates, international exchanges, community
exhibitions and mediated formats.

Panel 3 - Organizational Coordination and debate 'nationals'

This panel is interested in examining how debate organizations can
work more closely to schedule and plan tournaments that carry the
designation of determining national champions.

Let me know if any of these interest you.

Thanks
Gordon

Gordon Stables, Ph.D.
Director of Debate & Forensics