[eDebate] Matt Grindy

Veronica Guevara veronica_m_barreto
Tue Feb 17 14:43:59 CST 2009

I miss Matt. I miss him more than words can express. It's almsot unbelievable that it's been a year.

He certainly was among our finest. He had an exceptional work ethic guided by an incredible heart and an amazing spirit.  He gave everything he had to promoting debate at all levels, telecoaching from chemotherapy sessions, making every one of his debaters special. Their love and admiration is a testament to that. He was also an academic and a scholar. And he relished both roles equally. But most of all, he was a beloved, husband, son, brother and friend. I

'm proud that CEDA as an organization has already set up an award in his honor and I look forward to seeing his memory being honored again this year in Pocatello.

Veronica M. Guevara

Weber State University
Department of Communication
1605 University Circle