[eDebate] Cornell Tournament Invitation

Mike Maffie maffiemd
Wed Jan 7 19:06:56 CST 2009

Dear Colleagues:

The Cornell Forensics Society cordially invites you to attend the 2009
Cornell Debate Tournament, to be held Saturday, February 14th and
Sunday, February 15th. This year's tournament will be CEDA and SAMBA
(Society Advocating More and Better Argumentation) sanctioned and will
offer: Rookie, Novice, Junior Varsity, and Open divisions of policy
debate as well as a World's Format / British Parliamentary division.
We will follow CEDA policies on sexual harassment as well as the
definition of Novice debaters. The topic will be the official CEDA/NDT
2008-2009 Topic for all policy divisions.

Rounds will take place in the buildings around the Ag Quad.

Entries: We request that you enter the tournament using
debateresults.com. Tournament registration via debateresults.com will
be open within a couple of hours of the release of this invitation,
and will close on Thursday, February 12th at 5:00 p.m EST.

Registration: Registration will be in the tournament hotel lobby on
Friday, February 13th from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m.

Judging: Please provide one judge with a full commitment to cover two
teams. Entry fees will be $70 for each covered team, and $150 for each
uncovered team.

Divisions: We will offer Rookie, Novice, JV, and Varsity divisions.
Each will have 6 preliminary rounds, followed by the appropriate
number of elimination rounds based on how many teams end up entering
the tournament. Cornell teams may enter the tournament, but will not
participate in elimination rounds. The rounds for British
Parliamentary will be determined by the number of entries, with at
least 5 preliminary rounds.

Tab: Mike Maffie and Tony Liao will be running the tab room for policy
debate. Tuna Snider will be running the World's/BP tab.

Parking: There will likely be some parking available on Tower Rd., or
also in the J Lot right next to Kennedy Hall (It's a gravel lot right
off Tower Road)

Saturday, February 14th:

7:00am-8:00 Late Registration, Warren Hall, room 145. Donuts, coffee,
bagels, etc. will be available.

Pairings will be released at 8:00 a.m., rounds start at 8:30 a.m.
There will be 5 preliminary rounds on Saturday, with lunch and dinner
provided.

Sunday February 9th

Pairings will be released at 8:00 a.m., rounds start at 8:30 a.m.
Donuts, Coffee, Bagels will be available, and lunch will be provided.
Elimination rounds continue after awards as appropriate/necessary.

Beautiful and detailed maps of the campus are available at

http://www.cornell.edu/maps/.

http://www.cornell.edu/img/maps/large.pdf

For further information please contact the Assistant Director of
Forensics, Mike Maffie at mdm283 at cornell.edu or call his cell at
937-626-6803.

We look forward to hosting you this year in Ithaca!

Sincerely,

Sam Nelson

Director of Forensics

Mike Maffie