[eDebate] Ice Storms and Baylor Thanks

Darren Elliott delliott
Wed Jan 28 18:45:49 CST 2009

So we left Baylor Monday afternoon, made it as far as OKC.  Ice and snow like crazy.  Monday night they couldnt even clean the roads at all.  So we stayed the night.  Tuesday no one in OKC touched the roads all day--except the 2 snow plows that turned over.  The lack of people and traffic was surreal.  Everything was closed--schools, churches, businesses, even gas stations and restaurants.  So we stayed the night--again!  Around 3am they started clearing things.  We left OKC (and JCCC left Norman) about 10am this morning.  Back to KC finally tonight.  What a trip--like another Texas swing but only one tournament in 6 days!  Be careful out there folks.  It aint worth the risk to get home early.  Tomorrow (less than 24 hours at home) we leave for Augustana--hopefully the roads will be good to us.

But thanks to the Baylor Bears.  A free tournament (we needed it with the 2 extra nights of hotel rooms), great food and hospitality, and the Baylor people were always open to requests and needs.

Congrats to Louisiana Lafayette and Texas.  Also to Trinity--2 great tournament showings thousands of miles apart in the same weekend.

chief

Darren Elliott
Director of Debate and Forensics--KCKCC
CEDA President