[eDebate] [CEDA-L] Andy's Nationals

Andy Ellis andy.edebate
Thu Jan 8 17:06:11 CST 2009

Sadly for any amongst you looking for an exciting edebate clash, im filing
most of this under Darrens first inclination "what it might look like"
I had a vision of what CEDA nationals could look like and i thought it worth
sharing. If elected i would be excited to work toward it.

But the presidency of CEDA is not a dictatorship. If the membership was not
supportive of the move, didnt want to vote on the bid, or hopefully had
ideas that altered it to make it better, i would happily
work collaboratively with the ec and the community to support the desire of
the organization. But lets not pretend that presidents don't seek and assist
bid submitters.

I recognize the money is not workable in the current set up but i believe we
can cut/shift/fund alot of the current costs, especially if working in
an environment the president knows well. My goal is to make CEDA nationals
as affordable as possible and most of my plans are in line with that goal.

The reason it is difficult to do the same thing for JV novice Nationals is
because it is not put on by a large national  organization. YOURS and the
Towson University foundation both provide 501 C3 status to the event but not
the same way ceda would. The bargaining power of a national organization
with colleges all over the nation as its membership is simply higher than a
sub-account of university foundation or small startup non profit.