[eDebate] erlich's fishy, close friendship with cronkite

Old Strega oldstrega
Wed Jul 8 01:06:28 CDT 2009

reese erlich is gerbil's main source denying the "twitter revolution" and any possibility of CIA involvement.   without reese erlich, gerbil would have no plausible defense of the CIA.     yeah, erlich worked for ramparts through the vietnam war, a magazine which was a known enemy to the CIA.   but what happened after that?  is it possible that he could have joined the establishment in the 70s like many of the anti-establishment folks of the 60s?   one clue is erlich's close relationship with walter cronkite, possibly the biggest CIA asset ever in broadcasting.   i believe that gerbil has deliberately misrepresented his source.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reese_Erlich

Erlich worked with Walter Cronkite on four public radio documentaries. Cronkite has written, ?Reese Erlich is a great radio producer and a great friend.?[3]
when erlich was at ramparts, the journalism quoted below must have been common knowledge.    what would could have driven erlich to so befriend the "enemy" a la gerbil?    i don't know but his "journalism" that whitewashes the CIA is starting to wreak of CIA shit.    perhaps, erlich's plausible denials of CIA involvement in iran are as credible as plausible denials of his close friendship with spymaster cronkite:
In her 1979 book Katharine the Great: Katharine Graham and Her Washington Post Empire, investigative journalist Deborah Davis reports that CIA co-founder Allen Dulles brokered a deal between the Washington Post and CBS News in 1948. Through this arrangement, the Washington Post became sole owner of all CBS radio and TV outlets in our nation's capital. The Post's CBS affiliate WTOP-TV hired Cronkite in 1950, giving him his first job in television.