[eDebate] 7th annual Conference in citizenship studies, Wayne State, April 8-10, 2010

Kelly Young kel1773
Tue Jul 14 15:23:58 CDT 2009

Networks--The 7th Annual Conference in Citizenship Studies,
Wayne State
University, Detroit, MI
April 8-10, 2010

Call for Papers

I'm passing along the call for papers/panels for Wayne State's Center of Citizenship Studies' annual conference. I thought the conference theme of "networks", particularly social networks, might be of great interest to the forensics community. See the description here and the attached for more details on submitting.

Citizenship requires networks and networks can confer
citizenship. The theme of the 2010 conference of the Center for the Study of
Citizenship explores the similarities and the tensions between networks and
citizenship in the past, present, and future. It also considers how networks
have shaped citizenship and how citizenship has influenced the development of
networks. Noted
scholar Yochai Benkler (Harvard
 University and author of The Wealth of Networks: How Social
Production Transforms Markets and Freedom) will give the keynote speech.

Kelly M. Young, Ph.D.

Director of Forensics/

Assistant Professor

Communication Department