[eDebate] College Debate Coaches' Poll 2009-2010

Seth Gannon sethegannon
Mon Jul 27 19:11:07 CDT 2009

After seeking input here and elsewhere and receiving an almost
uniformly positive response, I have decided to operate a coaches? poll
next year to rank the country?s top 25 debate teams on roughly a
monthly basis.

The coaching staff of ANY active college debate program is encouraged
to vote, at one ballot per school. More information follows; please
feel free to send along any questions or suggestions.

Instructions and points of interest:

- There will be six polls, all after the season?s start and before its
end. For each, votes will be due on a Saturday--September 26th,
October 10th, November 7th, December 5th, January 16th, and a date in
late February or early March to be named later.

- To vote, answer the question ?Who are currently the twenty-five best
partnerships in the country in rank order?? and e-mail your list to
sethegannon at gmail.com.

- The 1st team on each ballot receives 25 points; the 2nd receives 24
points; etc., until the 25th team receives 1 point. You must select
one and only one team for each of the 25 spots.

- Your rankings will be private: Only I will ever see them. However, I
may publish an alphabetical list of voters with each poll.

- I will accept only one ballot per school, submitted by a coach.

- You are welcome to rank your own teams for the sake of accuracy, but
they will not receive points for your ballot. Please mark any team you
cannot judge with an asterisk; judging constraints are coaches? poll
constraints.

- Each team?s total score will be divided by the number of voters
eligible to rank it, so that no school is disadvantaged by voting.

- It should be generally understood that no school or college debate
organization is undertaking this poll and that voters are not expected
to invest nearly the time or labor of a voter for NDT at large bids.

I hope everyone is doing well. Thanks,

seth