[eDebate] Topic Three is problematic to me

Josh jbhdb8
Tue Jul 7 15:10:30 CDT 2009

Nick et al,

Someone just mentioned an interesting point about topic one (backchannel)
which might actually make a huge difference on our different interpretations
of topic one....It is my assumption that:

"should substantially change its nuclear posture"

Is broad because my understanding was the topic committee felt that things
like CTBT etc would "change posture."

However, if posture refers to Declaratory Policy, Force Structure, and
Operational policy but not the Non-Proliferation policy areas that do not
explicity also deal with Declaratory, Force Structure, and Op Policies topic
one becomes much more limited.

Could someone who was at the topic committee meeting or is on the committee
clarify on why people felt exclusively Non Proliferation Policy affs were
topical under topic 1?

Josh