[eDebate] missions

Max Katz katzm3
Sat Jul 11 16:55:33 CDT 2009

All of those cases would be extra-topical since the first sentence of the
resolution says "Resolved: The United States Federal Government should
substantially change its nuclear posture..." A fishing treaty would not
substantially change the US's nuclear posture and would thus be outside of
the scope of the resolution (extra-topical). It's the same as any other
resolution - all of them say "The USFG should do X" and we consider to be
extra-topical any plan plank which does not do X.

Max Katz
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Physics, Class of 2011