[eDebate] Ross Smith

michael hester uwgdebate
Sun Jul 19 23:43:48 CDT 2009

As the current chair of District VI, my heart goes out to the family
of Ross Smith. All of his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers.

The best chair our district ever had - heck, we only let him opt out
because we felty guilty for leaning on him so much.

Since the time I first entered college debate in 1989, no individual
has done more to influence our activity than Ross Smith.

"I heart D6" was inspired by Ross' words and enacted by his works.

Sad to see him leave us, but ever grateful for what he left us.

Dr. Michael Hester
Associate Dean, Honors College
& Dircector of Debate
University of West Georgia