[eDebate] Official Job Announcement - Kansas State University ADOD

Justin Green jmgreen
Wed Jun 24 18:03:22 CDT 2009

Assistant Director of Debate/Instructor

Kansas State University is offering an instructor/ADOD position in the
Speech Communication Division for the 2009-10 school year, with the
possibility of renewal.

Duties will include teaching a variety of undergraduate service
courses to primarily juniors and seniors: small group communication,
business and professional speaking, and/or interpersonal communication
as well as serving as an assistant debate coach for the debate team.
This will entail traveling with the team, judging, listening to
practice speeches/debates, leading research efforts, and assisting in
the administration of the program. The individual must be willing to
work with all experience levels (Novice, JV, Open) and non-traditional
students.  Candidates must have their M.A. or J.D. completed before
the Fall 2009 semester begins. Collegiate teaching and coaching
experience is preferred.
The salary is competitive. An MA in Communications is preferred, but
not required.

Candidates must submit two letters of recommendation, a vita/resume
and a letter of application to Justin Green, SCTD, Nichols 129, Kansas
State University, Manhattan, KS 66506 and/or to jmgreen at ksu.edu
Screening of applicants will begin as soon as possible.  Kansas State
University is an equal opportunity employer. KSU actively seeks
diversity among its employees.

BEYOND THE OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT The debate team receives substantial
support directly from the President. We have a roster of 28 debaters
to start next year across all three divisions and lost no seniors
among our top Varsity teams. We are a diverse squad in appearance,
background, argument choices, and speaking styles. We like our
coaching staff to reflect this. If you like coach a certain set of
arguments, we have debaters for you. We are a squad who seeks both to
win and have fun debating. If you are not interested in either of the
two, please don't apply.Success as a debater is a plus, but a
demonstrated commitment to effective coaching is far more desirable.
For those of you who don't know, Manhattan, KS is a phenomenal place
to live. Housing is cheap. Aggieville with many eating and drinking
establishments offers entertainment across the street from the school.
It is very possible to walk to the school, entertainment, and home.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have further questions.

Justin Green on behalf of the Kansas State Debate Squad