[eDebate] which is worse, mike, dailykos or rense?

michael hester uwgdebate
Mon Jun 22 12:39:56 CDT 2009

for the record, rense is among my bookmarks. it regularly has stuff on it
that other sites don't cover. i find some of the articles repugnant, and
others absurd, but it's still worth visiting for the coverage it devotes to
issues that most everyone else ignores.

as for which is worse, it depends on the metric for evaluating "worse."

which is "worse" at publicizing crackpots that think to be jewish is to be
innately evil? Rense

which is "worse" at publicizing crackpots that think to be anti-Obama is to
be innately evil? DailyKos

which is "worse" in terms of being one-sided and not well-rounded in
covering issues? DailyKos

which is "worse" in terms of publicizing authors who routinely exaggerate
relevant issues (disease, gov't secrecy, ETs) until they become jokes? Rense

which site probably has the most visitors/contributors who smell their own
farts for enjoyment? DailyKos, hands down

UNLIKE Petras or DailyKos (or you, apparently), i didn't approach the
Iranian elections with a preconceived notion of what *had to have
happened*in order for my worldview (anti-Imperialism, pro-Obama,
edebate irritant, or
whatever) to be vindicated and then cherry pick data which confirms the
worldview i repeat ad infinitum. i've read as many sources as i can get my
eyes on, and imo, the evidence strongly supports the claim that the official
results don't match how folks really voted. the rest of this crap that you
keep throwing against the wall - mainstream media, Obama cult followers,
WWKRTEF (Who Would Kissinger Rig The Election For) - is not intrinsic to the
question of whether the powers that be in Iran announced false results to
support the candidate they wanted to win (even though he didn't). it IS
possible to believe that Ahmadinejad didn't win the election AND believe
that Obama is a stooge for Western Imperialism whose only skill is
teleprompter reading AND/OR the mainstream media masks how the US is worse
than Ahamadinejad AND/OR K Affs coopt revolutionary spirit in
intercollegiate debate. it's the folks who get trapped into thinking that
accepting the first = you must deny the others who follow the same myopic
logic of standard politics you claim to oppose.

hester