[eDebate] Official D8 Results (fwd)

Dallas Perkins dperkins
Sun Mar 1 17:34:30 CST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 18:18:19 -0500 (EST)
From: Dallas Perkins <dperkins at fas.harvard.edu>
To: John Fritch <john_fritch at hotmail.com>, john.fritch at uni.edu
Subject: D8 Results

Greetings,

Eight teams achieved a record of 7-5 or better.   I list them below, in
order.

Despite having a record sufficient to qualify for the NDT, the CUNY team
will be unable to attend the tournament, so they gave up their
slot in favor of the first alternate, Binghamton GS.

The Eight, in order, plus a Harvard team not eligible to qualify through
districts:

1.  Harvard Bobo Bose-Kolanu and Ralph Paone (11-1/41)
1.1. Harvard Eli Jacobs and Alex Parkinson (11-1/35)
2. Dartmouth Trevor Chenoweth and Rob Rein (8-4/46)
3. Binghamton Ben Crossan and Tansy Woan (8-4/40)
4. Rochester Ryan Bach and Rona Yang (8-4/36)
5. Boston College Matt Maerowitz and Gabe Stacy (7-5/41)
6. Cornell Dan Himmelstein and John Karin (7-5/36)
7. CUNY Cynthia Caballero and Dima Povazhuk  (7-5/31) (not attending the
NDT)
8. Binghamton Pete Groh and Bill Sebelle (7-5/26)

The first alternate from District 8 is Marist Chris Kozak and Margeaux
Lippman.  The second alternate is The New School Josh Imes and Hong Mei
Pang.

I want to extend my personal thanks to Victoria Keenan and all of her
staff and students, who did an outstanding job of hosting the tournament.
Everybody should be so lucky as to have districts in NYC in the days of
cheap hotel rooms.

dp