[eDebate] Seeking Full Time High School Debate Coach

bratt at capitol-debate.com bratt
Fri Mar 13 22:27:04 CDT 2009

Hiring Full Time High School Debate Coach

Seeking a full time coach for high school debate teams in Howard County,
Maryland.  Howard County Maryland High School Debate Teams practice
together as a consortium of schools: Centennial, River Hill, Glenelg,
Mt. Hebron, Oakland Mills, Howard, Wilde Lake, and several other high
schools including McDonogh.  We started the year with about 24 students
traveling nationally to Wake, GDS, Bronx, Capitol Debate, Glenbrooks,
Ohio Valley, MBA, Pennsbury, Harvard and Lakeland and now have about 44
students that travel with us second semester. We will be attending
Woodward Nationals and most likely NDCA. Capitol Debate in partnership
with the Howard County School System oversees the debate teams.

Capitol Debate is looking to hire a full time coach for the Howard
County teams for the 2009-2010 season.

As an employee of Capitol Debate, the person will:

Coach the Novice and Varsity teams
Oversee strategy and evidence production
Travel to Debate Tournaments with Teams
Run Debate Practices
Listen to practice Debates & Redos
Teach Workshops during school year for Middle School Debate
Help with running the program
Other duties of a debate coach

The ideal candidate is someone that has experience successfully coaching
on the National level.  We are not seeking a satellite coach but instead
someone that can move to this area to coach full time.  Having a
reliable means of transportation is important. Salary dependent on
experience.

To apply for this position, please send a cover letter that details your
success coaching debate on the national level, salary requirements,
resume, and 3 names that can serve as references to:

Capitol Debate
Human Resources
10770 Folkestone Way
Woodstock, Maryland 21163
Or
Email to: hr at capitol-debate.com

I am at ADA nationals right now and will be at JV/Novice Nationals at
Woodward, NDCA and TOC if you have questions.  We will be requiring in
person interviews in Howard County Maryland.

Ronald Bratt
Founder
Capitol Debate
http://www.capitol-debate.com